Comprehensive, hybrid-online, intermediate-level evidence-based course is designed to enhance the clinician’s understanding of the impact of upper extremity tendon injuries on the wrist and hand. Video-recorded lectures focus on an analytical approach to the rehabilitation of tendon injuries. Finish up with a Zoom Virtual Classroom session to review case studies and have an opportunity to present your questions to the instructor. Includes treatment protocols, case-studies and review of current research and literature.
- Extensor Tendon Anatomy, Biomechanics and Zone-specific Management of Extensor Tendon Injuries
- Flexor Tendon Anatomy, Biomechanics and Zone-specific Management of Tendon Injuries
- Tendon behavior following fractures, complex injuries and secondary deformity
- Therapeutic intervention
Animation and video-clips of cadaver dissection, surgery, pathomechanics, and treatment enhance the learning experience.
Participants are cautioned to apply new information and skills within the scope of state licensure law.
Please read course requirements carefully before registering for this course. Online courses are final sale and are not refundable.
As a requirement of this course, you will need to:
- view all recorded lectures and demonstrations prior to attending required Zoom Interactive Classroom.
- be prepared to discuss case studies during Zoom Interactive Classroom.
- participate in a scheduled 1-hour Zoom meeting with the instructor discussing case studies, treatment techniques and Question and Answer session.
- complete post-test with a passing score of 80%.
- computer/tablet with speakers and good internet access to view recorded course videos
- computer/tablet with webcam, microphone and speakers or Smartphone will be needed to participate in Zoom Interactive Classroom session with instructor
- email access for communication about the course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- identify the anatomy of upper extremity flexor tendons and extensor tendons
- identify the mechanism of digital flexion, extension and thumb opposition
- list and recognize the various methods for management of flexor and extensor tendons using various methods described in the literature & practice
- identify treatment hierarchy and goals for complex traumatic upper extremity injuries
- utilize clinical reasoning for treatment of various injuries of the hand based on tendon mechanics
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Certified Hand Therapists
- Flexor Tendon Anatomy & Biomechanics (~60 minutes)
- Flexor Tendon Zone I & II (~75 minutes)
- FPL Repairs, Tenolysis & Tendon Grafts (~75 minutes)
- Pitfalls in Flexor Tendon Rehab (~75 minutes)
- Anatomy of Extensors (~45 Minutes)
- Extensor tendon Biomechanics & Mechanism of Extension (~75 minutes)
- Zone I and II (~60 Minutes)
- Zone III & IV (~75 minutes)
- Zone V-VIII (~75 minutes)
- Thumb Extensors (~60 Minutes)
- Extensor Quadriga (~45 Minutes)
- Complex Mutilating Injuries (~60 Minutes)
- Tendon Behavior Following Fractures (~60 Minutes)
Zoom Interactive Classroom
- 1-hour Zoom Interactive classroom focusing on case studies and Q&A (~60 Minutes)
15 contact hours, includes 14 hours of online recorded video lectures, and patient demonstrations plus a 1-hour interactive Virtual Classroom (Zoom) hosted by the instructor, Shrikant J. Chinchalkar, OTR, CHT.
This hybrid online course is accepted by many professional credentialing organizations and state professional regulatory boards. Rules and regulations change frequently without notification, and apply differently to live and online courses. Please check with your state board to confirm accuracy of this list and acceptance of contact hours. Certificate of Course Completion will be issued to all participants upon completion of the course and may be used for CEU verification of credits. CE credits vary by state. Please check with your state board/certifying agency to confirm conversion of contact hours to CE.
Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as:
- AOTA approved provider of OT and OTA continuing education (#6177)
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy.
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by IDFPR/ Illinois Board of Physical Therapy (#216000227).
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA): Rehab Education, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider (#6177) of professional development. This Distance Learning-Interactive CE course is offered at 1.5 CEU (15 contact hours) Intermediate level | OT Service Delivery/Foundational Knowledge. (Course must be completed prior to 7/31/2025)
CA Board of Physical Therapy: The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs.
Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy: Approved CE Sponsor by Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy, Division of Professional Regulations, Approval #216.000227. (Course must be taken prior to 09-30-2022)
NY State Physical Therapy Board: Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy. (Course must be taken prior to 05-10-2022)
"Instructor was awesome."
"Instructor is definitely an expert on these topics!"
"Thank you for so generously sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience. I now have a much better understanding of the topic and have more treatments tools to use daily."