Have a group of 5 or more? Contact us for group pricing.
Kinesio® University approved hybrid-online Kinesio Taping® Certification Course provides the convenience and flexibility of a self-study course with all the benefits of live instructor interaction and feedback.
25 contact hours (24 hours self-study/asynchronous and 1 hour live interactive/synchronous)
You have access to communicate with instructor via email during the asynchronous portion of the course.
Comprehensive Kinesio Taping® Certification Course (online) prepares you to attain your CKTP® certification in a highly effective, convenient, self-paced format.
LEARN ON YOUR OWN SCHEDULE — AT YOUR OWN PACE — IN YOUR OWN PLACE
A great way to continue your education, refine your clinical skills and add Kinesio Taping® to your choice of treatment modalities. This course is designed for licensed healthcare professionals and requires a good working knowledge of human anatomy.
- Please read below for the FULL course overview and requirements carefully BEFORE registering for this course.
- All course sales are final.
- Only available to US licensed clinicians residing in the United States. This course is not approved by NCBTMB for LMTs.
After you complete your registration, proceed to the course and immediately order your course supplies that are included in your registration fee. You must have your course supplies in order to start the course.
Please note that you must wait for your shipment of Kinesio Tape® supplies to arrive prior to starting this course.
Self-paced, hybrid online Kinesio® University approved Kinesio Taping® Certification Course provides an overview of the development of the Kinesio Taping® Method, fundamental concepts, assessments and screening tests, and introduces Kinesio® correction taping techniques, advanced techniques and clinical reasoning.
You will learn to problem solve complex clinical cases requiring the application of multiple Kinesio Taping® techniques. Independent lab sessions will provide time for you to practice assessments and screenings, and taping techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions.
You will have 120 days from date of registration to complete this course.
This course consists of:
- recorded lectures
- detailed, step-by-step video demonstrations of taping techniques and applications
- independent taping assignments
- four 15-minute one-on-one Virtual Office Hours meetings (via Zoom) with just you and the instructor
Throughout this online course, you will be required to:
- perform taping techniques on another person (during independent taping practice sessions)
- share links to photos of all of your completed taping applications for instructor review
- videotape yourself applying specific taping applications and present them to the instructor during your Virtual Office Hours meetings
- schedule and complete your four 15-minute online Virtual Office hours meetings
During your first 3 private Virtual Office Hours meetings, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, share your videos of taping application and review techniques/skills learned. The instructor will evaluate your techniques and skills and offer feedback and corrections to ensure your thorough understanding of the concepts and proficiency in the taping techniques.
During the 4th Virtual Office Hours meeting, you will present your final practical assessment and taping applications, and describe your clinical reasoning justifying your choice of taping applications.
Virtual Office Hours meetings will be scheduled through the instructor's online appointment scheduler located within the course. After you schedule each Virtual Office Hours meeting, watch your emails for confirmation of details.
Successful completion of this course requires that you:
- watch all recorded lectures
- watch all taping demonstrations
- complete required taping applications
- submit photos of all required taping applications
- complete all quizzes
- fulfill taping criteria during all four Virtual Office Hours sessions with the instructor.
Upon successful completion of these requirements and passing an online written post-test that assesses your new knowledge (with a grade of 80% or higher) you will receive your Certificate of Course Completion.
Included in your registration fee are:
- course manual (e-book format)
- Kinesio Tape® for independent taping labs and assignments
- access to CKTP® Certification Exam (upon successful completion of course)
- one-year KTAI® membership
- one year access to Kinesio Taping® applications database.
Upon successful completion of this online Certification Course, you will be eligible to register for and take Kinesio® University's online CKTP® Certification exam to become a Certified Kinesio Taping® Practitioner.
Please read course requirements carefully before registering for this course. Online courses are final sale and are not refundable. This course is only open to US-licensed clinicians residing in the United States.
As a requirement of this course, you will need to:
- take photos and videos of taping applications.
- share access links to these photos (stored in your cloud-based storage)
- have access to another person to apply KinesioTaping applications for independent lab sessions
- schedule four 15-minute private Virtual Office Hours online meetings (via Zoom) with the instructor to review your videotaped screening assessments and taping techniques.
- wait for your shipment of Kinesio Tape to arrive prior to beginning this course.
- use a sharp pair of scissors (ideally Teflon coated) to cut the Kinesio Tape.
This course is designed for licensed healthcare professionals and requires a good working knowledge of human anatomy.
You will need:
- good internet access to view recorded lectures and taping demonstrations
- a computer with webcam, microphone and computer speakers or Smartphone to participate in your private Virtual Office Hours meetings with instructor.
- a Smartphone camera or digital camera to photograph and videotape taping applications.
- ability to share links to your photographs of taping assignments which are stored in your cloud-based storage, i.e. Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, YouTube account, Vimeo account, etc. (Due to file size limitations, file uploads may not be supported by email/upload.)
- email access to receive course communication from Rehab Education and from the instructor.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- List the best use for each type of Kinesio® Tape
- Describe and demonstrate cutting at least 4 different Kinesio Taping® application tape shapes: I strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
- Describe a situation where it would be appropriate to use different tape cuts.
- Demonstrate a method of safely removing Kinesio® Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
- Demonstrate the use of Kinesio® Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate the proper application of Kinesio® Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping techniques.
- Demonstrate the proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament and Muscle Correction.
- Describe the difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe the difference between a ligament correction and tendon correction.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Epidermis Correction Technique - Web Layering.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Dermis Correction Technique - Jellyfish.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Fascia Correction Techniques - Ram’s Head and Manual Fascial Glide.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Circulatory Lymphatic Correction Technique – Basket Weave.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Space Correction Technique – Scar Management techniques.
- Demonstrate integration of Muscle Direction Tests, Screening Assessments, and Corrective Techniques to treat complex injuries such as Whiplash, Shoulder Impingement, and Chronic Knee Pain.
- Identify 3 items on a problem list and goal list from specified case studies and develop appropriate interventions using tape as a modality.
- Be able to apply the Kinesio Taping® Method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic and neurological conditions.
Intermediate (with solid working knowledge of human anatomy)
Who Can Attend:
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Certified Athletic Trainers (check with BOC or your state board before registering)
- Licensed Massage Therapists (check with your state board before registering)
- Doctors of Chiropractic
- Licensed Acupuncturists
- Speech Therapists
You must be licensed/registered in the United States and a resident of the United States to attend this online course.
Proof of Professional License or Certification is required during registration. This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
- Kinesio Taping® Method: Theory and Application (approx 4hrs)
- EDF Concepts and Application (approx 3hr)
- Space Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 1.5 hrs)
- Muscle Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 4.75 hrs)
- Office Hours Virtual meeting with Instructor (15 min)
- Mechanical Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 1.25 hrs)
- Ligament/Tendon Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 1 hr)
- Functional Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 1/2 hr)
- Circulatory/Lymphatic Correction: Concepts, Kinesio® Assessments and Taping Applications (approx 1/2 hr)
- Office Hours Virtual meeting with Instructor (15 min)
- Advanced Techniques and Clinical Reasoning (approx 3.75 hrs)
- Advanced Functional Concepts and integrative Clinical Application (approx 1.25)
- Office Hours Virtual meeting with Instructor (15 min)
- Tying it All Together (approx 1.5 hrs)
- Practical Assessment: Instructions and preparation (approx 1 hr)
- Office Hours Final Practical Assessment- Virtual meeting with Instructor (15 min)
- Post-Test and Course Evaluation
25 contact hours (24 hours self-study/asynchronous learning; 1 hour live interactive online/synchronous learning)
This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
Course is comprised of online recorded lectures and patient demonstrations, and independent lab assignments. Includes four mandatory live interactive Virtual Office Hours meetings (online via Zoom) for private taping demonstration sessions with the course instructor.
This on-demand/self study online course is accepted by many professional credentialing organizations and state professional regulatory boards. Rules and regulations change frequently without notification, and apply differently to live and online courses. Please check with your state board to confirm accuracy of this list and acceptance of contact hours. Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participants upon completion of the course and may be used for CEU verification of credits.
CE credits vary by state. Please check with your state board/certifying agency to confirm conversion of contact hours to CEUs.
- Only available to US licensed clinicians residing in the United States.
This course is:
- not pre-approved by NCBTMB for LMTs.
- not pre-approved for Doctors of Chiropractic (except for NJ licensed DCs). You will need to self-submit.
- not pre-approved for Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine Practitioners. You will need to self-submit.
Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as:
- AOTA approved provider of OT and OTA continuing education (#6177).
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy.
- approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by IDFPR/ Illinois Board of Physical Therapy (#216000227).
The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs.
This course is approved by:
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Approved Provider #6177: Rehab Education, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider (#6177) of professional development. This Blended/Hybrid learning CE course is offered at 2.5 CEU (25 contact hours) Intermediate level | OT Service Delivery/Foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Approval #02108. (Course must be taken prior to 03/23/2026)
Physical Therapy Board of California: The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs. This course is approved for 25 contact hours (24 hours self-study/1 hour interactive online).
Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy: Approved CE Sponsor by Illinois State Board of Physical Therapy, Division of Professional Regulations, Approval #216.000227. (Course must be taken prior to 09-30-2022)
Louisiana Physical Therapy Board: This course has been approved by the Louisiana Physical Therapy Board for 25 hours (online/home study- category: clinical). (Course must be taken between 01-1-2021 and 12-31-2021)
Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: This course has been approved by the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 2.5 CEUs. (app#2021-290. Course must be taken between 03-04-2021 and 03-04-2025.)
New Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners: The New Jersey State Board of Chiropractic Examiners has approved Rehab Education as a pre-approved provider/sponsor of chiropractic continuing education courses for Doctors of Chiropractic. This course has been approved for 25 contact hours. (Course must be taken between 09-1-2019 and 08-31-2023)
New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: This course has been approved by the New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 0.75 live continuing education credits and 10 online CE credits, Approval #2102-63. (Course must be taken between 04-26-2021 and 01-31-2022).
NY State Physical Therapy Board: Rehab Education, LLC is recognized as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education by the NY State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy. (Course must be taken prior to 05-10-2022)
Ohio Physical Therapy Association: This course has been approved by the Ohio PT Association for 25 contact hours. Approval #21S0852. (Course must be taken between 03-1-2021 and 03-1-2022)
Texas Physical Therapy Association: This course has been approved by the Texas PT Association for 25 contact hours. Approval # 74686. (Course must be taken between 03-1-2021 and 03-1-2022)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Athletic Trainers:
This course does not qualify for Category A credits through the BOC. The Board of Certification (BOC) for Athletic Trainers no longer accepts Category A continuing education credits for any CE classes that apply to a single product brand. Athletic Trainers are encouraged to contact the BOC to confirm acceptance of CEUs as Category D prior to registering for Kinesio Taping® CE courses. A certificate of course attendance will be provided upon course completion.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Massage Therapists:
This course has not been submitted to NCBTMB for approval. Please check with your state board prior to registering, to determine if Kinesio Taping® is within scope of practice in your state. If you are a licensed Massage Therapist in the states of New York or Georgia, the NYAMTA and the GAAMTA do not recognize Kinesio Taping™ within your scope of practice and CEU’s will not be awarded to you.
AOTA Approval States
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. At the time of listing, these states currently recognize AOTA Approved Providers for OT continuing education either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA:
District of Columbia
Florida **(self-report to CE Broker)
Wisconsin (self study courses only)
*Disclaimer: Rehab Education LLC provides this list for your convenience. At the time of listing, the following state boards accept courses by virtue of approval by other organizations. It is the responsibility of the participant registering for a course to check with their state board to confirm rules and regulations regarding acceptance of contact hours for live and online courses.
The following PT Boards accept courses approved by other PT State boards*:
District of Columbia
The following PT Boards accept courses approved by other APTA state associations*:
District of Columbia
Florida **(self-report to CE Broker)
**FL licensees may need to self-submit courses in CE Broker
*NBCOT…National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (view PDU requirements)
+HTCC… Hand Therapy Certification Commission (view recertification requirements)
Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC): This course is accepted by HTCC towards re-certification.
I absolutely loved the course!!!
I learned a lot with this type of course format as well as I was able to learn at my own pace and was able to go back to the videos to make sure I am understanding the concepts well and delivering it the right way. Further, I was able to use the taping techniques on my patients as my course went along and was able to improve my clinical skills.
The instructor in the course was outstanding!!!! She was so thorough in her knowledge and expertise and was able to teach in a manner that was simple and enjoyable to learn throughout the course. Further, she was very encouraging and provided feedback appropriately when it was needed and improved my confidence with the taping skills. One of patients called it a MIRACLE TAPE!
Very appreciative of how thorough this course was
The instructor, Andrea Wolkenberg, was readily available for all questions and worked hard to ensure that each technique was clearly understood every step of the way. The freedom of self-pace for the course was also a big plus; would definitely recommend!
This course was one of the best that I have attended
Our instructor Andrea Wolkenberg is excellent. She is very knowledgeable, approachable and able to explain the concepts in a simple way. I am extremely satisfied with our instructor and would highly recommend other clinicians to take this course. The online format worked great because I could work at my own pace and schedule.